Engineering Department designs free mini golf course

By Brooks Burr

If you are a parent with small children, like I am, you know what it’s like to be cheap. I never planned on being cheap, it just kind of happened. Kids are a lot of things, but one thing they are not is inexpensive. From birthday parties and trampolines to $300 medical bills to retrieve a carrot up their nose (true story), kids will make you broke. It’s because of this reality coupled with the desire to still be a decent parent that I make efforts to entertain my kids, but they obviously have to be cheap options.

It doesn’t get any more cheap than FREE! My kids love mini golf, but it’s always way too expensive to take them. Have no fear, the Dixie State Engineering Department is putting on a free indoor mini golf event in the Gardner Center on April 23rd. Bring the whole family, bring friends, significant others, it’s FREE. Holes will have mechanical obstacles and have their own unique themes. So if you’re a cheap parent, or just a cheap person in general, and like to have fun, make sure you come.

Who knows, if you show up to the event, you may get lucky, maybe one of your children will be inspired to become an engineer themselves. Maybe they become the rich engineer that designs the single unit washer/dryer that washes and dries clothes without ever switching machines? Can you say Winter home in Cabo? Not so cheap now are you? Hope to see all of you there!