Student Peer Advisor Earth and Environmental Sciences Degree

By Cassandra Stanfield

Have you struggled to approach your instructor or advisor regarding questions you have about your Earth and Environmental Sciences degree, do you need help navigating the courses offered, do you need someone to talk to?

Nikki Trush is a student who has almost completed the EES program and is ready to pass the knowledge she has gained onto you. She is working with the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department instructors, advisors, and administration as a Student Peer Advisor. She has made herself available to meet Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Science Engineering and Technology Building. She will be in SET 403, Tuesday 12:00 – 1:30 p.m, and Thursdays 4:00 – 5:30 p.m on a first come first serve basis.

She is communicating about changes and events through the Earth and Environmental Sciences Majors Canvas page. She has snacks! She hopes to arrange monthly check-ins for EES majors, advisors, and instructors to come together in one place and create a community atmosphere.

She recently posted in canvas, “Hi all, I hope you all had a great break and are excited for a new semester! I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Nikki Trush and I am your new Student Peer Advisor for the EES degree! I am a senior pursuing my EES degree with an emphasis in Geoscience.  As your Student Peer Advisor, I am available to help you in any way that I can during your time here at Utah Tech. My goal is to be a resource for you, whether that be as a listening ear, a guiding voice, or a bridge between yourself and faculty.”

If you are an Earth and Environmental Sciences major, please look for our Instagram, Facebook, and UT Webpage for more information about the program. Kim Bowler is also a great resource for any questions you have regarding your schedule and direction. She can be found in SET 324.

Follow Earth and Environmental Sciences on Social Media

Instagram

Facebook

Earth and Environmental Science Webpage